Frequently asked questions about accounts, courses, CE credit, technical requirements, fees, and more.
See Table of Contents, at right or below .
4.2. No password/Bad password/Old email
"I have an account, but I can't log in"
- Please do not create additional accounts. It's better for you, and for us, if you keep all your work in one account. Yes, even if you have changed jobs!
- Logging in requires a username and a password. The username is often first initial, last name, e.g. dhuerta (not case-sensitive), and is usually NOT an email address.
- Your profile does include an email address. What was your email address when your account was set up? (If we created the account for you, we used your work email at that time.)
- If you can check the email that is linked to your account, then use the Lost password? page. It will ask for your username or your email address, and if there is a match, it will send a password re-set link to that email address.
"I DO NOT know my password, and my email address has changed"
- If you have an account, then there is an email address on file for you. But if that is an address that you can't access anymore, then the Lost password? page won't help you.
- In this case, write to email@example.com and give us as much info as you can:
- Your name, (and any variant spellings you used in the past)
- Your username, if you know it
- The old email address that you can't check anymore.
- Some evidence that you are, in fact, the account holder.
- We will look you up in the database and, once we verify your identity we will update your email address and re-set your password for you.
"I DO know my password, but my email address has changed"
- Great! Go ahead and log in. Once you are in, tap the icon at the top right of any page, and "Edit My Profile" to update your email address and other details.
"I DO know my password, but I want to change it"
- Great! Go ahead and log in with your current password. Once you are in, tap the icon at the top right of any page, and choose "Change My Password" to update your password. Store it somewhere safe!
"I do not have an account"
- Welcome to HCIN Learn, we are happy to have you here! To enroll in courses, you will need a free user account. We don't spam you and we don't share your personal info with anyone. Create your account here.
"I am half-way through a course on one device, and my other device says I am not enrolled"
- Congratulations, you have two user accounts (Or maybe three?).
- You can generally pause on one device, and resume your work on another (We don't advise stopping in the middle of a video or timed activity). So if one device says you are in a course, and the other says no, they are probably logging into different accounts. Check the log-in info for the device that is working correctly, and use that username/password to log in manually on the other device.
- If that doesn't help, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org